Union of Evangelical Students of India is an active student movement that seeks to evangelize and enrich college students to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. The ministry is committed to transforming college campuses with the good news of Jesus Christ and equipping a generation of youth that serves the church and society.
UESI is interdenominational, inviting youth from all backgrounds, supporting them in their spiritual walk and raising them to be leaders in the Lord Jesus.
Statement of Faith
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture (by which we understand the 66 books of the Bible), as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The only holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Core values are intrinsic factors, essential and enduring tenets of an organization. They are the foundational characteristics and timeless guiding principles for which the organization stands and is known for and, therefore, no compromise can be made on them under any circumstance. Core values give qualitative identity and inner focus points for an organization in its outward working for its mission and goals.
Centrality of Word of God
of God shall be the touchstone. It provides the standards and light for life and ministry.
Relationship with God
God in all the things we do, say, or think.
SI is ushered in and sustained through fellowship. Caring, sharing, and bearing one another in love for Christ’s sake
Every individual is given importance in UESI and is expected to make his unique contribution to the Kingdom of God.
Students, under the initiation of the Holy Spirit, take the initiative and responsibility of their united witness and outreach.
Life of Faith and Prayer
UESI is movement of prayer. It is called to a life of faith which depends on God for all its needs and not just for finance.
Moral Purity & Financial Integrity
UESI shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical purity in relationships and responsibilities.
Leadership in UESI is and shall be based on Christ like humble servant-hood.
Responsibility to Society
UESI believes that we are called to be responsible citizens, this means that both individually and corporately we will obey the laws of the land be exemplary citizens.